Sunday, September 11, 2011

Looking ridiculous while running is the only way to run

If you've read our blog & know us (me), you probably know I have an affinity for dressing up for runs.  Or dressing ridiculous.  Steve & I ran the CASA 1/2 marathon in July, which is a great run through Spearfish Canyon.  I had a serious desire to break 2 hours in the half & was poised to do so at this race, but it didn't happen.  Don't ask.  I have issues with this.  (Luckily this time, it had nothing to do with runners trots)  The elusive "break 2 hours in a half" is still a pipe dream.

So if I can't meet my goal time, why not look fabulous instead?

Look!  That blur in the green tank top, sparkly heart skirt, & pink compression socks is ME.  Moving so fast the camera had a difficult time snapping a photo.  (Let's not point out the fact that the lady in front of me is 89 years old.  I overheard it in conversation because she sat in front of us on the bus.  It's a similar feeling to having a lady pushing a double jogging stroller pass me on an uphill.  With two kids in it.)
 Who's that stud?
 We're a compression-sock-loving family.
So despite the fact I didn't break two hours & an 89-year old rockstar beat me, I still was so excited for the race director to stop me after I crossed the finish line & exlaim, "you were, by far, the most colorful runner on the course!"  And one of his little volunteers, handing me my medal, saying "you looked really cute."

3 comments:

  1. The 89 year old likely had lots of that "old people gas" that propelled her past you and helped her get to the finish line. You look fabulous! Love,Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Such a girl!" Great pictures, and it looks like a super fun time. I'm not sure about the 89 y.o., maybe she is lying about her age, she looks too good to have that many years behind her.
    The roof looks nice, good job.
    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, Papa, I'll totally accept that reason why she beat me!

    Mama, I am most definitely "such a girl." :) I've come to a decision that I'm a weird combo of tomboy & super girly. Go figure! It's hard to believe she's 89 & I can only hope to look that awesome at 89...

    ReplyDelete