Saturday, November 20, 2010

R.I.P Grandpa Lipetzky

Last week, Steve's grandpa, George Lipetzky, passed away.  He had been sick for some time & while it was incredibly sad to lose a wonderful person, it's comforting to know he's at rest & in peace.  George was 80 years old & lived a long, fulfilling life.  He was married to Mickey for 55 years & they had 7 children, 25 grandkids, & numerous great-grandchildren.  A very faith-filled man, it's certain he's entered the pearly gates to be with his Father.  But let's be honest - he's in heaven with his Father, drinking Jameson & playing pinochle (a game I do not understand nor will I ever understand).

(He was so involved with two Catholic churches in Sioux Falls, he had five priests & one deacon officiating his funeral.  I think that gave him a first-class, express trip to the puffy clouds of heaven)
Here's a picture of George & Mickey from our wedding (no, she's not an angry person, I think she was caught off guard in the picture...).  We feel so blessed that George read at our wedding.  Our wedding was the last out-of-town trip they made & the last wedding they attended.

George, I raise my glass to you.  Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. We were honored to have them at the wedding and to see George one last time. He is someone that you never forget, and always hold in deep honor and respect.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete