Sunday, January 8, 2012

Dog in a backpack

It's time for Steve's silly Christmas pics...

His big gift from me was a new hunting backpack from Mystery Ranch, a company out of Bozeman, MT.  They make several styles of packs, including hunting, and are known for their excellent quality.  One of their hunting backpacks incorporates a standard frame and several styles of pack to fit the frame, which is much more efficient than having several different hunting backpacks for several different types of trips.  The particular pack I bought Steve can hold large amounts, including an entire antelope or deer and an elk quarter.  One silly trend is for Mystery Ranch packers to test their backpack by putting a friend/spouse/child in the pack and post a pic on their Facebook.  In our case, we tested the pack with the pups...

 Loadin' 'er (him) up...
 "Hey guys, just going for a ride.  Don't mind me."
This took A LOT of bribing.  So much so, I had to feed him a treat while he was in the backpack to make sure he knew this was fun.

 "Um, Brewer, can you help me out here man.  I don't know what I think about this backpack crap."

This pic is not great quality, but I had to post it because if you look closely at Brewer, you'll see his crazy eyes.  He gets those crazy eyes on occasion.  And it sums up his personality.  Not to mention Guinness continues to play dead dog while in the backpack...

2 comments: