Thursday, October 11, 2012

Well that's one way to simplify

 

Well that was fun. Or not. I'm ok. The truck is not ok (at least we hope that's the insurance adjuster's opinion). I will forever be thankful for modern technology & engineering - the guardrail that didn't budge when a truck slammed into it at 55 mph & stopped me from going over the bridge, the truck built to absorb impact & decrease chance of injury, the air bags deploying like a gunshot & preventing my face from meeting the steering wheel, & the seat belt that harnessed me to the seat & stopped me from bouncing around like a rag doll.
To the three gentlemen camping down the hill that heard the crash, called it in, & stayed with me until HP showed up: thank you. To the gentleman that stopoed to make sure I was ok: thank you. To Kentz & Lindsey, for being there: thank you. Nothing I say or do will suffice in expressing my thanks & gratitude for all of you.

Lessons of the day: most trucks function in RWD when not in 4WD. And nothing is worth being in a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment