Saturday, February 23, 2013

In a previous life...

I think I might have been an Ornithologist.  I have a deep-rooted love of birds.  Don't ask - I have no idea.  Then again, I have a deep-rooted love of all animals.  If you don't believe me, ask my parents about their unspoken distress when I told them I wanted to go into law school.  For animal rights.  (Don't worry, Mom & Dad, it was a phase)

With our new camera - the Olympus E-PL5 (a Christmas treat to ourselves, mostly keeping in mind our upcoming Ireland trip) - I've been having a lot of fun capturing activity at our multiple bird feeders (I did spring for a zoom lens when it was on sale).

A well-used & much appreciated Christmas gift from the in-laws (if you look closely, you'll notice the springs which pull the well-placed metal leaves over the openings to prevent heavier critters, such as squirrels, from scaring away the birds & eating all the food):

Our My friend, the squirrel (whom drives the dogs nuts):

Our resident Black Capped Chickadee - a very bold, opinionated, loud-mouthed little thing.  It's always yelling at me when I'm filling the feeders & doesn't mind eating while I'm standing three feet away.


Don't mind the blur on the right side of the picture - that may or may not be a reflection of my pink & red pajama pants on the window while I took the picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment