Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Just keep running

Despite the lack of description in the blog world, Steve & I continue to run on a regular basis.  Neither of us is training for anything in particular at the moment, so we've enjoyed several leisure runs during the week.  We don't always run together because we're usually training for different distance races, but we do enjoy going for runs together.  My goals recently include breaking previous month's mileage, so this month (October) I'm aiming to break 100 miles.  Mind you, that's only 100 miles for the month.  Many professional/super hardcore runners break 100 miles of running in one week.  I think my legs would fall off at that rate.

We've participated in several races over the summer (most notably Steve's 50-miler) & continue to enjoy races when we can get to them (being in a smaller town means we're somewhat limited on local or nearby races).  I was aiming to break 2 hours in a half-marathon this summer.  I came thisclose to breaking it.  My time was 2:00:05.  5 seconds??  Are you f-ing kidding me??  The infamous PR (despite not breaking 2 hrs, it was a Personal Record) occurred at Deadwood Mickelson Trail Half-Marathon & I blame it entirely on one aid station where I unfortunately decided to stop but had to run around the back of the table because the volunteers were BLOCKING the food & drink.  Bless their hearts for volunteering.  But damnit, GET OUT OF THE WAY!

I may or may not still be harboring a slight burn from that.  My ego was stroked a bit this past weekend when we participated in The Link 10K, a fundraiser for the Sheridan Memorial Hospital Foundation & cancer care at their cancer center.  We participated last year, had a blast, & came back in full (pink) force this year!  The 10K (6.2 mi) was actually 6.45 miles & I ran it in 55:13.00 - another personal record!  Steve blew the competition out of the water & ran it in 44:08.00, coming in first place.  Speedy Gonzales!

Evidence of our pink obsession:
P.S.  I had to make the picture large b/c I'm just so darn proud of how obnoxiously pink we are!
P.P.S  We wore pink wings.  For the whole run.  And super huge pink feathery fake eyelashes.  But because I'm a sweaty meatball, my eyelashes fell off at mile 4.  Go figure.
P.P.P.S  Check out the shirts (Georgia's shirt is under her long sleeve).  We have some HOT WHEELS!  :)

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS Steve, for first place, and you too Chicky for a personal best.
    You girls look great, did the SP get your picture in again this year? I hope they used color if they did, those costumes are great.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job to you both! I love the costumes. :) Can't believe that you wore both a wig and eyelashes and PR'd. Hahahah. well done!

    -- linds

    ReplyDelete