Sunday, April 15, 2012

Arizona race pt 2

On our second day in Arizona, we meandered to the Phoenix Zoo.  We thoroughly enjoyed it, although it did get a bit warm (high-80's is hot for pale Wyomingites in March).

Of course I spent part of the time worrying that all the animals had enough space & love.  One elephant looked particularly lonely.  Steve reassured me he was probably just hot.  (He doesn't realize he married someone that tried to plant a branch that had recently broken off a live tree because I was worried it would suffer.  Doesn't a tree have feelings??  I was approximately 7 years old at the time.  I've matured since then.  Slightly).



 I asked Steve if we could take home a kitty because I thought Brewer needed a friend.  He said no.
 The zoo doesn't quite know how old the tortoises are...except that they're really, really old.  And they eat really, really slow.
 The monkeys were so cute & curious!
A terribly zoomed-in & blurry picture of my absolute favorite animal of the zoo.  Aren't they so elegant?  Another kitty I wanted to take home.  Steve wasn't too keen on the idea.
 Even rhino had enough of the heat.

Play ball!  We spent the afternoon in the shade at a Cubs spring training game.  The game was fun (albeit short) & we enjoyed a beer & hot dog, old school style.
We finished up the day with one of these:

Visiting a fast-paced & crowded city is not our idea of a relaxing vacay, but we enjoyed the many activity & restaurant choices Phoenix had to offer.  (It helped we zipped around in a new Mustang.)  It was fabulous to step away from Wyoming & into warm, sunny Arizona.  Who knows, maybe we'll try to hit a race in every state!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Poor rhino. What's wrong with Steve, he doesn't like kitty's? :-) Neither do I! Papa

    ReplyDelete