Sunday, April 15, 2012

Arizona race

We took a trip to Arizona in March for a trail race & had a blast.  It was a short trip but the weather was beautiful.

This, my friends, is the vehicle we got to play with all weekend:
 Budget was having a deal & the Mustang was the most reasonably priced selection.  I'll never own a Mustang but who can pass up driving a sports car for a weekend?  This baby was super fun - the interior night lights made me feel like I was Knight Rider, only cooler.

 Where we raced (flags on the far right of the pic are start/finish) - I ran a half-marathon, Steve ran a 50K.  Amazingly, these trails are right outside Phoenix - fantastic single-track trails that took us through the hills in the picture.

Hey!  I know that guy!
 Sweaty, stinky, tired, & oh-so-happy.

After cleaning up, we squeezed in an afternoon visit to the Desert Botanical Gardens (long story, but our previous trip to Phoenix included purchasing a year-long membership to the gardens b/c of the price savings, so we were happy to use the membership again before it expires).

Butterfly garden!  My absolute favorite place.



Bob White

Not to be confused with this Bob White:
 (Picture taken during honeymoon road trip)

Hello, beautiful.

Cool sculpture at the entrance of the gardens.
Us & finger of random nice person that offered to take our picture

To be continued...

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures, ugly nice person finger :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too funny! I didn't know about the branch you planted, what a kid. What great pictures, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete