Sunday, May 29, 2011

Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting

Yes, you read that correctly.  Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting?  I made one such concoction recently.  Nom nom nom.

Chocolate cake recipe found here.  It was moist, flavorful, & easy-to-make (which is always a plus in my book).  I was hesitant to add coffee, but I highly recommend it - no coffee flavor was detected, but it gave a depth to the chocolate I think would have been missed without.  Peanut butter cream cheese frosting found here.  I had to add a bit of milk to make the frosting more spreadable for a cake.  The frosting had an amazing balance of sweet & salty.  I'm still partial to regular cream cheese frosting, but the addition of peanut butter was oh-so-delicious.

Put it all together & you have a combination made in heaven.  I took one bite & angels sang down from high.
Moist, rich, decadent, unique, sweet, salty.  Did I mention it was really tasty?

(Please note the thin slice.  This is not a diet-friendly cake.  All in moderation.)

1 comment: