Monday, May 2, 2011

Thunder Thighs!

I was recently reminded of some Nike ads that caught me eye several years ago when they were published.  In a time when females constantly struggle with self-image (damn you media!), it was great seeing a well-known corporation promoting more "typical" body structures as a GOOD thing (let's not get into the fact that these women featured are crazy ripped & we all won't look like that either).



But my favorite two are below (it's a personal bias)


As I ran my 17-mile training run this past weekend, I kept thinking about my own pair of Thunder Thighs.  I try to remember to say a prayer of thanks for them every time.

3 comments:

  1. I also say a little prayer of thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm. I can't beat the adorable first response, sorry! But! I did want to say thanks for the post. These are the types of encouraging, healthy messages that I wish there were more of! I too, am going to try and do a better job of being thankful for a strong, healthy body that allows me to get outside and dance! (And to remember that we are fortunate in that respect!)
    -- linds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't my hubby wonderful?? :) It's so tough to think positive & be thankful for our healthy bodies, especially when society (mostly the media) make us believe we'll never look or feel good enough. Hogwash! I may have an extra jiggle here or there, but I have a strong healthy body that carries me through just about anything I ask it to...and that's so cool!

    ReplyDelete